819 O St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
CATEGORIES: Learn | Historic Haymarket Tour
An early 1890s engraving shows an elaborate Romanesque Revival building labeled "National Lumber Co." on this site, but this handsome design was apparently never built. Certainly nothing of it can be seen in the small commercial structure that has occupied the site since 1895. This little building is not without interest, however, especially in its retention of the metal lintel over the storefront and the metal cornice, with fleurs-de-lis on the top corner blocks.
F. E. Campbell Produce Company was the original occupant of the building, specializing in wholesale poultry, eggs, and butter. The company claimed to ship its products all the way to New York City and to San Francisco.