817 R St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
CATEGORY: Historic Haymarket Tour
Across R Street from the Marriott is a former warehouse converted into an elegant ballroom and lounge. Del Ray Ballroom was constructed in 1903 and was originally occupied by Sullivan-Schaberg Transfer Company. The two-story red brick warehouse has chipped-brick arches over the irregularly placed windows and a corbelled brick cornice. A metal garage door was replaced with the large double-door entrance during a renovation in 2001